Day 11 - Free Write

Final night of being sick I was tired of being in bed - yes that is possible.


Restless

It starts at my finger tips
and calves -
       as if they're expecting
       a quick get away
       or deflection.

I never know what
to do with my hands
       so I draw
       diagrams of how this
       disease can help make
       my life that less
       complicated.

I keep moving my
legs hoping they'll
       wear each other out
       as if rubbing them together
       would burn this feeling
       away

Comments

  1. I've changed some meds recently and have been spending a lot more time lying down lately, so I understand the feeling. I also did not realize there was a napowrimo. I've tried NaNoWriMo, and I've /done/ NaBloPoMo (blog).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LuAnn, nice to meet you! Yes, my best friend told me about NaPoWriMo (cause she does the NaNoWriMo). It was still very challenging to write a poem everyday. I'm going to do it again this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment