Day 2 - Are you calling me a liar?!

From NaPoWriMo.net:

"Today's prompt is drawn from an idea that K. H. gave me - that of a poem that tells a lie... I suppose it all comes down to what you want to lie about!"


I was just thinking about this yesterday actually - about lying. Sometimes I catch myself right in the middle of a while lie especially during a converstion between someone I just met and wonder where the hell did that come from? I'm not trying to one-up the new acquaintance, if anything it's just to keep the conversation going no matter how akward it gets. Actually, the more and more I think about it the more I realize... I've done this a lot. 

The Art of Telling Lies

The only preparation is
               improvisation.
If you must speak first start with
               "Apparently..."
If you have the time to do some research
               search "compulsive"

These are just a few words to
go by if you ever find yourself...

Trapped in a corner
at a party
with nothing to say to anyone
although there is
always
that one person who 
has to talk to you.

My name is ________, it's a family name really.
Apparently, my great-great-great-great-great
grandmother was a fallen warrior in the battle
for the Alamo.
Oh, you're a Texas history substitute teacher...


And if you ever get in trouble
just say, 
"I couldn't help myself. My meds are in my other purse."

Comments