Day Two: Mickey

I could not stop laughing when I found out what song was #1 on the day I was born: Toni Basil's Mickey. It started out lovey-dovey but then I twisted it into something pretty sinister. I'm not sure where this came from- maybe it's the song.


Oh Mickey

All my life
    even as of now
I have been chasing you.

Guys like you, you're so fine-
    what did I do before I ever met you.

You take and took
     heart in hand
     every night, I gave and give.

                  All alone
                  left in a dam
                  I plotted and waited
   
What a pity
    so vain and empty
         you still don't understand
    You broke my heart
    but I found you
       you're so pretty
       what did you do
but I toast the end:

Oh Mickey- say-goodbye-say-goodbye- now blow your mind
Bye Mickey!

Comments