Day Twenty Two: Earth Day

Today was a horrible-horrible day. I was pushed around by rude people for 3 hours and it left me so empty that I forgot that today was Earth day. How shitty is that? So in honor of those a-holes who make my day a living nightmare I'd like to dedicate this poem to the Earth.



I'm Sorry

Dear Earth,
I'm sorry we tread on you as
if you will feed us for an eternity.
     Clearly the message is still being lost.

I'm sorry the people who live
here, in this city, especially
feel all-powerful wealthy when it comes to belittling
   poor little, underpaid, me.

I'm sorry that you would think
to take poor little, underpaid, me
into consideration when pondering
    your short lived existence.

I just wanted to write
to tell you, that I am sorry
that you have to carry all of us
     especially the mean, miserable and hateful.

Sincerely,
Poor Little Underpaid Me

Comments