Day Twenty Four: Anti-Love, Lipogram

I'm going to try to combine both of the prompts from NaPoWriMo and Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides Blog.
NaPoWriMo has suggested writing a lipogram: " A lipogram is a poem that explicitly refrains from using certain letters."
And for Robert Lee Brewer's "Two for Tuesday" prompts I'm picking the anti-love poem. (Go figure.)




So here goes: Let's try a poem without the use of the letter 'e'




Why cupid do you not fly by and court such a poor, sad, hollow girl?
You walk at most, right by an unsocial, outcast woman as clockwork- not in any way stopping.
How do I bargain for such constant and candid ardor? 
How can I find satisfaction and succor from an unfair, fat, wing-and-quill numbskull?
Why did I put so much vigor into such aspirations for cupid and adoration?
Why, for all that is myth, did I plan for amazing and still go through and savor all this abandon?



Comments