Day Ten: One-liner Poem

Here's my own, random exquisite corpse. It's a lot more fun to play this with other people but I didn't have a lot of time to really prepare something for today, oh well.

So I just selected the first line of randomly picked poems:



One Line


Oh, I can smile for you, and tilt my head
Maybe you'll remember that razor-faced man
        Bring me all of your dreams
        I even hear the mountains.

"I want"- it pleaded- All its life-
Again and again, however we know the landscape of love

And never to forget beauty, however strange or difficult
      when I saw her yesterday she was totally still, looking to the sky

We are as clouds that veil the midnight moon
      We are things of dry hours and the involuntary plan
      strange fits of passion have I known
      If you don't know the kind of person I am.

      I am not yours, not lost in you.

   




1. A Certain Lady, Dorothy Parker
2. Sonnet LXXIII: Maybe you'll remember, Pablo Neruda
3. The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
4. Consumation of Grief, Charles Bukowski

5. "I want" - it pleaded - all its life, Emily Dickinson
6. Again and again, however we know the landscape of love, Rainer Maria Rilke

7. Why I Write, Reginald Sheperd
8. The Other Side of the River, Xi Chuan

9. Mutability, Percy Bysshe Shelley
10. Kitchenette Building, Gwendolyn Brooks
11. Strange fits of passion have I known, William Wordsworth
12. A Ritual to Read to Each Other, William Stafford
13. I am Not Yours, Sarah Teasdale

Comments