Day Six: Happy Marianne Moore-ing!

I love Marianne Moore.

The Fish is the type of poem I hope to one day emulate: condensed-precision. I'll not have it perfected like her but with only 12 hours to complete a poem like this I will do my best.


Wallflower

Grow
   wild on walls, hardy and
   erect. Forced

onto
   the sidelines, pale yellow and
   shy, mysterious

and
   swallowed in the deep
   dark fragrance of a
   shapeless, shadow.

Wallflower,
    wallflower, won't you
    open, won't you
    look up
    won't you
    drop your whisper white
    chrysalis and
    come to me.

Comments

  1. Hi, I think "The Fish" is one of Moore's best poems. From "Wallflower" -I really like "hardy and erect"--unexpected. Nice wording with "drop your whisper white/chrysalis"

    Happy Napo-ing!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment/compliment I really appreciate it! Your work is amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment