Day Seven: Color

Although the prompt suggests to pick a color for some reason my thoughts turn upward to the stars- the least colorful to the naked eye.
This will be an extremely "nerdy" poem as my fascination with stars, constellations and space (astronomy) has taken hold of my creativity today.

Note: I am not well educated on the entirety of the Orion constellation and all it's infinite parts that make the whole but I will keep it simple.


The Hunter

I first fell for him
while wishing upon his
neighboring lights for a
true love to wrap his warm
    arms around me
    and never leave.

Now he haunts and
follows me at every turn
and every sleepless night.
And hiding
in a dream, I can
    escape his fierce and
    watchful eyes.

Enveloped in
the blackness of my
bedroom, shrouded
beneath thin sheets
in expected anticipation of
his sudden appearance
    he approaches.

The intense heat
of the excited atoms
    makes my blood hot
    and my body tremble.

pins and points of
steely grey-blur light shift
and pulsate, marking his
figure as he
    stands a moment
    at the foot of my bed.

He continues his precession
and hovers above my
still form,
    peeling away
    the sweat stuck sheet.

He has hung his belt on
my bed post,
    An asterism 800 light years
    in waiting.

His nebular pink heart
quivers as pale blue
    almost blinding white eyes
    trace my naked body.

He connects and pins his
points of light to me and
in the forbidden transaction
we remain reflections of one another
    and float
    parallel in the vacuous black.

In his reflected radiation
the rarified dust falls
and silence rests on
    my shoulders
    glistening celestial iridescence.

On his red luminous shoulder
that red resplendent jewel
during this blue star hour
    he fades and fades-
    A slow evaporation.

A glimpse of the four hearted cavity
of his chest
framed by plain dust
    painted by the light of his
    white fire life

He finally fades to that
deep black where
    his light doesn't touch
    not yet.

Comments