Day Fourteen: Sonnet

I have never written a sonnet. I have problems with conforming to the rules, even thinking about trying to think of a subject to write a sonnet about is putting me on edge. The only rhyming technique I actually enjoy using is alliteration. However, as it is national poetry writing month, I think it would be an ideal time to just bite the bullet, get over it and write a freakin' sonnet.

PS- I found this extremely helpful: Writing a Sonnet- for Dummies and this one too: Rhymes.net
PPS- I think I did horrible and pretty sure I didn't do this right. :S



Sisyphean

Time stalls and then stands still
my attempts to move forward, are impeded
just as Sisyphus continues, compelled up a hill
my own boulder, disappointed longing, forever conceded.

Lackluster, limp love has lost momentum
and my efforts to keep smiling, indifferent
to keep comfortable and calm, alone, a victim
to the withering, frustrated cells slowly, efferent

But someday I will wake and disintegrate into it
seeing stars and deprived of all oxygen
we'll see eye to eye and transmit
a lost sound left reverberating in a green glen

So when we meet on common ground, pebbles strewn
at our bare feet, lucid majesty gilded by our hearts attune.

Comments